Friday 7 September 2007

Boris Johnson is an enemy of politically correct anti-Zionism

Boris Johnson, Member of Parliament for Henley, writer and broadcaster, has recently launched his campaign to become the Conservative candidate for London mayor. The Jewish Chronicle interviewed him:

“Sympathy is something he looks likely to receive from a Jewish community scarred by its troubled history with Mayor Livingstone, the least of whose misdemeanours was to compare a Jewish Evening Standard reporter to a “concentration-camp guard”.

Then there was the left-wing firebrand’s public embrace of Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a Muslim cleric who allegedly backs Palestinian suicide bombings, as well as wife-beating and homophobia, and his suggestion that the Indian-born Reuben brothers “go back to Iran”. ...


Johnson, on the other hand, not only has the virtue of being almost the polar opposite of Red Ken, but is also a trenchant supporter of Israel, an enemy of politically correct anti-Zionism and immensely proud of his own Jewish ancestry — the Henley MP’s great grandfather, Elias Avery Lowe, being the Moscow-born son of a shmutter merchant. “I feel Jewish when I feel the Jewish people are threatened or under attack, that’s when it sort of comes out,” he declares. “When I suddenly get a whiff of antisemitism, it’s then that you feel angry and protective.”

When asked to think of an example, he seizes upon last year’s Lebanon war. “I haven’t discussed this with my handlers at all,” ... “I felt during that business that sometimes people were writing and discussing Israel without really recognising that Israel was coming under attack.” …

“I believe in Israel’s inalienable right to exist. I think it’s a wonderful country, and like everybody else I want a two-state solution,” he says, with the caveat that “of course I think there are faults on Israel’s side, I’m not going to defend every aspect of what Israel does, and you wouldn’t expect me to. But my bedrock, irreducible position is that Israel is a huge and wonderful fact that deserves support and protection.”


He gets quite exercised over the “ludicrous” academic boycott movement. “You get the feeling that people don’t want to find a solution, they don’t want to help, they just want to strike attitudes and look cool. And that makes me absolutely furious.””
On being Jewish: “I have some Jewish ancestry, but I’m not sure how Jewish I am!… I’m proud of it, very proud”.
http://www.thejc.com/home.aspx?ParentId=m14&SecId=14&AId=55194&ATypeId=1
www.boris-johnson.com

4 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Good, although - between a commie and a Tory - I would be hard put to make a choice. Thankfully, it is not up to me ;-) On the other hand, our choice here is quite a quandary too.

Anonymous said...

Boris Johnson is an anti Semite, what right has this Goy to claim to be Jewish?
Is his Mother Jewish, is her mother Jewish? He just want Jew votes!
What is the difference between him and Jesus for the Jews?
They are both Christians pretending to be Jewish for their own ends

Anonymous said...

What a rip-off - most of this article is word for word identical to an article On The Jewish Chronicle website , how can you get away with such a blatent breach of copyright purporting this as being your own work when it so clearly isn't

You haven't even acknowledge the copyright or original author.

Auto Accident Attorney Houston, Texas said...

I also think you have copied the article completely.